NEW EXPRESSIONS:




  • TO BE AS STUBBORN AS A MULE: IT IS WHEN YOU ONLY DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. Más testarudo que una mula. EX: My son is as stubborn as a mule, he doesn´t want to tidy his room.

  • TO STEP INTO SOMEONE'S SHOES: IT IS WHEN YOU UNDERSTAND OTHER'S PROBLEMS, THINKING LIKE THEM, LIVING LIKE THEM... (Ponerse en su lugar). EX: I didn´t understand the poor problems until I step into their shoes, living with them for three weeks.

  • TO BE A REAL EYE-OPENER: IT IS WHEN A SITUATION CHANGES THINGS LIKE YOU THOUGHT TO BE TRUE. (Abrir los ojos). EX: I thought drinking was funny, but my operation has been a real eye-opener.

  • THE HIGH POINTS OF SOMETHING: IT IS TO BE THE BEST MOMENT. EX: The rescue of the Chilean miners has been the high points of all the week.

  • TO BITE OFF MORE THAN (PERSON) CAN CHEW: IT IS WHEN YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHINGS BUT YOU CAN ALTHOUGH YOU TRY. Morder más de lo que se puede tragar. EX: I bought an expensive car although I was fired, I bite off more than I could chew, becouse I can pay it.

  • YOU WILL GET NOWHERE: IT IS WHEN YOUR ACTIONS DOESN´T PRODUCE NOTHING. EX: Don´t try explaining dangers of smoking to a smoker. You will get nowhere.

  • TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF: IT IS WHEN YOU CHANGE YOUR NEGATIVE SITUATION IN A BETTER SITUATION. Comenzar una vida nueva, pasar de hoja. EX: After my divorce I decided to turn over a new leaf.

No hay comentarios: